I heart my momma lil’ debs
I love my mom. She is one tough cookie and has told me to suck it up at least 70,000 times. I like to feel sorry for myself sometimes, but hearing my mom say “well, at least you have all your limbs” really puts everything in perspective. I’m a better person for it.
Other reasons why I love my mom (to name just a few):
- never pressured me to marry (holding out till I get knocked up like a good 21st century gal)
- raised me to be polite & considerate
- taught me how to be “Jersey” when needed (aka don’t piss me off)
- showed me how to be a good hostess
- originated the “Ketcham Pour” (i.e. wine pours up the the brim)
forcedtaught me to never give up
- emphasized the importance of taking care of your body inside and out
So, for Mother’s Day, I wanted to share my mother’s best beauty tips. I didn’t always take them seriously (or well since I can be super emo), but in hindsight…she was always right.
- don’t over pluck your eyebrows (can you blame me though?)
- always wash your face
- always put on moisturizer in the am and pm
- always have a bottle or glass of water with you
- don’t wash your hair everyday unless you have to
- always put hand lotion on
- less is more
- all trends die (for a little while at least)
- don’t chop your hair (i.e if you have a big face like me and thick hair it doesn’t work, trust me).
Here are some other tips from some famous mommas, courtesy of Stylelist. I love you Mom!