Bath & Body Essential: Jojoba Oil
You know that I love face oil, especially in the dry winter months. But this summer body oil has become my favorite new moisturizer, especially after a day in the sun or in the pool.
Jojoba Oil is my favorite because I can use it for so many different things! I even used it in before my best friend’s wedding when I forgot my beloved Lady Cremo Creme: no rashes, no nicks, just smooth-soft skin.
Desert Essence makes an awesome one and they even have a list of uses posted on their site. Here they are:
1. Eye and Face Makeup Remover: Add a few drops of jojoba oil to fingers or to a cotton ball and wipe over eyes and face. Rinse off with water and follow with regular cleanser.
2. Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer: To cleanse normal to dry skin, apply with a few drops on fingers or cotton ball. Remove with water. Pat a few more drops on to damp skin for a lasting moisture treatment.
3. Body Moisturizer: Apply immediately after shower or bath, while skin is still damp. It seals in moisture, leaving skin soft and smooth.
4. Massage and Bath Oil: Great for a massage therapist or for use at home. Perfect for sensitive skin. Add a few drops to your bath to leave skin moisturized, soft, and smooth.
5. Foot and Hand Softener: Use alone or add a few drops to your regular moisturizer. For an intense foot treatment, apply oil, wrap in gauze and put on socks. Leave on for at least one hour. Feet will be beautifully soft and smooth.
6. Hair and Scalp Massage: Add a few drops to hands. Massage into scalp to relieve dryness.
7. Deep Conditioning Treatment for Hair: Pour a quarter-sized amount of oil into hands. Smooth over damp hair, applying most of oil to ends. Leave on for 5-10 minutes. Shampoo out and style as usual. To help mend split ends, rub one or two drops into your hand and then apply to ends of your hair. Apply while hair is still damp to help smooth frizzies.
8. Lip Conditioner: Apply to finger and smooth onto lips. Works great as an overnight treatment.
9. Cuticle Oil: Apply a few drops to rough, dry cuticles at least once per day.
10. Shaving Prep and Aftershave: Apply to beard or desired area beneath your shaving product. Helps prevent razor burn and leaves skin smooth and soft. Apply directly after shaving to effectively soothe and moisturize skin.